cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From MORÁVEK Peter <mora...@pobox.sk>
Subject request taglib and parameters encoding
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 16:39:12 GMT
Hello,

when I use the <request:get-parameter ...> tag to retrieve client entered
value with slovak characters (not ISO-8859-1),
I become instead of the characters just question mark characters '?'. I know
that I it so because the servlet engine (I use JRun 3.0) don't use the right
encoding to retrieve data from the stream.

The only way I can retrieve the right data from the request is to do the
character conversion:

String encoding = "Cp1250";
String incorrect = request.getParameter("name");
String correct = new String(incorrect.getBytes(), newEncoding);

Does anybody already patched the request tag library to support different
encodings so I don't have to do it on my self and later replace it with
default behaviour of the cocoon.

Thanks in advance

Peter