cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From wbaye...@closerlook.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon 1.8.1-dev? (This e-mail was scanned and found to be virus-free) (This e-mail was scanned and found to be virus-free) (This e-mail was scanned and found to be virus-free) (This e-mail was scanned and found to be virus-free)
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:15:53 GMT
I submitted the patch last night (Subject: [C1][Patch] Resolves 2 caching
issues).  If you have any questions, let me know.

Wayne.

Donald Ball <balld@webslingerZ.com> on 01/16/2001 01:18:47 PM

Please respond to cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

  To:          cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

  cc:          (bcc: Wayne Bayever/Closer Look Creative/US)

  Subject      Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon 1.8.1-dev? (This
  :            e-mail was scanned and  found to be
               virus-free) (This e-mail was scanned and found
               to be  virus-free) (This e-mail was scanned
               and found to be virus-free)

On Tue, 16 Jan 2001 wbayever@closerlook.com wrote:

> There is a caching problem with the XSLT processor that I have fixed but
> not completely tested (I still want to test it on JServ).
>
> Basically, the problem is that the key used in the requestMonitor is
> generated using Utils.encode(), which uses browser and querystring info
> among other things.  So, when a person accesses the same XML page with
the
> same XSL stylesheet with a different querystring than the first access,
the
> XSLT processor will report that it has changed.  The page is then
generated
> from scratch every time, even though the page may have been cached
before.

> If you feel that this fix is worth waiting for, I could have it ready by
> tomorrow.  If not, I will have the fix in for the next release.

i'm interested in seeing this patch, but i think it would deserve more
testing than we could give it and still get 1.8.1 out the door in the next
day or two, so i vote to wait for the fix.

- donald