cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From wbaye...@closerlook.com
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon 1.8.1-dev? (This e-mail was scanned and found to be virus-free) (This e-mail was scanned and found to be virus-free)
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 16:59:20 GMT
There is a caching problem with the XSLT processor that I have fixed but
not completely tested (I still want to test it on JServ).

Basically, the problem is that the key used in the requestMonitor is
generated using Utils.encode(), which uses browser and querystring info
among other things.  So, when a person accesses the same XML page with the
same XSL stylesheet with a different querystring than the first access, the
XSLT processor will report that it has changed.  The page is then generated
from scratch every time, even though the page may have been cached before.

If you feel that this fix is worth waiting for, I could have it ready by
tomorrow.  If not, I will have the fix in for the next release.

Wayne.

"Robin Green" <greenrd@hotmail.com> on 01/16/2001 10:27:01 AM

Please respond to cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

  To:          cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org

  cc:          balld@webslingerZ.com(bcc: Wayne
               Bayever/Closer Look Creative/US)

  Subject      [VOTE] Release Cocoon 1.8.1-dev? (This e-mail
  :            was scanned and found to be virus-free)

I'm very pleased to report that I finally solved the PDF problem which has
been bugging so many people ever since IE5 came out (IIRC), by setting the
content-length in the response. (Feel somewhat guilty for taking so long
and
being in denial about the problem at first, but anyway.) It's not optimal
code but it'll do for now.

Now that esql encoding is also done that's my critical list cleared.

If anyone has any outstanding issues, please raise them now. I'm looking at
a fast release, in a day or two from now.

It'll be good to finally get it out of the door - the changes list is huge!