cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: c2 Datasource component - avalon or c2?
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 13:36:05 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> hiya. just checking to see what the resolution of the debate on the proper
> location of the Datasource component from c2 was - avalon or c2?

My response for moving it to Avalon was overwhelmingly +1.  Most of
my response was from the Avalon community, although there were a couple
of responses from the c2 community.

As I mentioned previously, it will have little impact on C2 as the
only thing that will have to be redone is changing the class name in
the cocoon.xconf file.

I did the initial port of the DataSources to Avalon (but have not
removed it from c2 yet).  That is when I made them implement the
Loggable interface so that they could work in any project.  This
led me to do the same for Cocoon.  I have debugged the DataSource
change, and I will cut the umbilical cords as soon as I write the
testing framework so that the DataSources don't get screwed up by
anything in Avalon inadvertently.

PS I don't see any reason you can't take the datasources as they
exist, and make them work in Cocoon 1.  I know you expressed
interest in that earlier.  Cocoon 1 is based on Avalon 1 which
was never really public--so there would have to be some retrofitting
to make it work in that environment anyway.