cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2][Important] Content aggregation again. Resolution needed.
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2001 23:09:48 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> * ross.burton@blueyonder.co.uk (ross.burton@blueyonder.co.uk) wrote :
> > Isn't there an implicit view for this reason?  I'm at work at the
> > moment so can't see the C2 source, but have a feeling that Stefano put
> > a view in for offline generation which was the result of a pipeline
> > minus the serializer, which is exactly what we need.
>
> A view is designed to allow you to specify an alternative serializer on

Conceptualy it is not limited to "specify an alternative serializer".
It's an exit point somewhere from a regular pipeline (might be between
two transformers as well) to a view (which itself can specify a
transfomer).

> an existing pipeline (which already has a default serializer). I could
> use views to tack the new serializer onto the pipeline, but since these
> pipelines will not have their own serializers, it probably doesn't make
> sense to use views.

Try to use a URL like
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcome?cocoon-view=content and you get the
content right after the generator (no transformation has taken place).
The content view specifies a xml serializer for the result of the output
of the generator. Or use
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/welcome?cocoon-view=links to see all the
url that are used as links (at least what the LinkSerializer understands
as links).

Giacomo