cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: problems with setup of C2
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 03:24:22 GMT
Peter Michalek wrote:

> Paul,
> your fix helped to identify the problem.
>
> message:
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.LanguageException: Attempted to
> retrieve directory listing of non-directory
> e:\sw\jdk1.3.0_01\jre\lib\ext
>
> ... which doesn't exist
>
> after creating the directory e:\sw\jdk1.3.0_01\jre\lib\ext, I can start
> up c2.

I am curious as to why Cocoon cares about the structure of your JDK structure.
I haven't seen anything in Cocoon that even explicitly looks there.  If your
JDK home is E:\sw\jdk1.3.0_01 then the JDK class loader is what automatically
reads that directory and loads all jars contained in there.

Anybody know why it is required (at least on Peter's system)?