cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject instability of Cocoon from yesterday to now
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 21:41:30 GMT
I apologize for committing some code that caused Cocoon to be less
stable.  I was straitening out some incorrect assumptions that
Paul had regarding the ComponentManager class (and I copied over to
the ComponentSelector class).  The issue was surrounding the assumption
that there would only be one type of class per role/hint.

The error was hidden from view until I made the ComponentManager and
ComponentSelector configurable, and set themselves up.  As I "fixed"
errors, I created bugs and uncovered new ones.

The current CVS should be stable now.  Someone mentioned that they
were having problems with the JdbcDataSourceComponent chewing up all
the open connections and not releasing any.  It came from this very problem,
because the ComponentManager/Selector was creating new copies of
ThreadSafe Components on every lookup/select.  This is fixed now.