cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-cocoon/webapp/docs/samples/xsp esql.xsp
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 22:30:23 GMT
balld@apache.org wrote:

> balld       01/01/17 14:04:26
>

>   Modified:    webapp/docs/samples/xsp Tag: xml-cocoon2 esql.xsp
>
>   Log:
>
>   changed this sample back to using plain dburl, etc. instead of pool
>

>       <esql:connection>
>   -     <esql:pool>personnel</esql:pool>
>   +     <esql:driver>org.postgresql.Driver</esql:driver>
>   +     <esql:dburl>jdbc:postgresql://localhost/test</esql:dburl>
>   +     <esql:username>test</esql:username>
>   +     <esql:password>test</esql:password>

Just a minor thing:

It is probably better to use the <esql:pool> tag in the CVS version
of the sample apps.  The reason being that it is easier for a new
developer/user to set up a working environment when there is only
one location to specify the datasource.  Right now, they can do
that with cocoon.xconf -- but if we keep mixing it up, then when
folks switch between the forms (which use esql) and the esql.xsp
page in samples, they will have a small bit of confusion.  "If it
works here, why doesn't it work there?".