cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Proposal Migrating DataSourceComponent to Avalon
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 21:12:52 GMT
I have been thinking, that the DataSourceComponent I developed
for Cocoon 2 is general enough to include in Avalon.  For Cocoon,
it only means a package change--for Avalon it means that it now
has a standardized method of accessing DataSources.

I think it can be a win-win situation in the long run as projects
like my DataXfer project (which I am determined to resurrect :P),
EAS (a new open source Enterprise Application Server project), JAMES,
and others adopt and use it.  The pooling code will be made more
robust as it will be used by a much wider audience, and possibly
more flexible.  (how about performing SQL queries on a delimited
text file or XML files?).  The possibilities stagger the imagination.

Of course I could be blowing wind...

I am posting this message two both lists as it affects both
projects if I get sufficient +1s from both camps.

PS, if it happens, it will happen _after_ the Avalon migration
to the Jakarta site.