cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Heads up! Turbine Errors with Cocoon 1.x
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 20:58:16 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Kevin Sonney wrote:
>

>> I grabbed a copy of Turbine 2.1-dev because I'm mucking about with the
>
>> pools in annother app.
>

>> Well, that app and cocoon aren't playing nice. So I figure I'll compile
>
>> Cocoon agains the new Turbine.
>

>> Bad idea. Aparently, Turbine 2.1 changes the PoolBroker routines. And in
>
>> doing so, breaks Cocoon. So Now I'm back-porting my code to Turbine 2.0,
>
>> and wondering how this could impact other projects out there that need a
>
>> newer Turbine.
>

>> Question: Should we update Cocoon to work with the new Turbine now, or
>
>> depend on an old version of Turbine?
>

> brian has sent me some patches to update c1's sql stuff to work with the
>
> latest turbine, but i'm not going to put them in until 1.8.1 is released.
>
> look for them shortly thereafter though - although i'm thinking i might
>
> want to engineer a switch to the Datasources stuff from c2 instead - it
>
> seems to be a bit saner.

Thanks.  The code can almost be copied verbatim.  All you would have to do
is take care of how it gets configured and how Cocoon 1 gets at it.  The
main difference is that the Avalon framework takes care of alot of those
details for you.  Granted, I think there are also some interface renaming
(same purpose but different name)--but if you are familiar with both code
bases, then you should be fine.

Drop me a mail if you need help.