cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon 1.8.1-dev?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:04:56 GMT

Robin Green a écrit :

> Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com> wrote:
> >Robin Green a écrit :
> > >
> > > I'm very pleased to report that I finally solved the PDF problem which
> >has
> > > been bugging so many people ever since IE5 came out (IIRC), by setting
> >the
> > > content-length in the response. (Feel somewhat guilty for taking so long
> >and
> > > being in denial about the problem at first, but anyway.) It's not
> >optimal
> > > code but it'll do for now.
> > >
> >I couldn't find the changes for that in the latest cvs (a few minutes
> >ago).
>
> the best way to look for changes is to look at a cocoon-cvs mail archive. Or
> subscribe to cocoon-cvs, but you get about 1-20 msgs a day and it looks to
> be hotting up now.
>
> >Do you mean that just setting content-length in the response is
> >*the* solution ? Is the hacky "&damnIE=.pdf" still needed ?
>
> Yes. The FAQ has been updated to explain everything. Let me know if you find
> something better.

Funny : the FAQ mentions "three distinct bugs" and lists the first and
the third. No second ;-)
But I still didn't found anything about content-length. Where is it ?

> > > If anyone has any outstanding issues, please raise them now. I'm looking
> >at
> > > a fast release, in a day or two from now.
> > >
> >I sent 2 weeks ago a patch for both C1 and C2 (post named
> >"[C1][C2][Patch] XMLFragment") to add the XMLFragment interface that
> >deprecates the SAX1-only XObject to ease migration from C1 to C2.
> >
> >The patch was commited in C2, but not in C1. Could you please review it
> >for integration in 1.8.1 so that people can start using it ?
>
> I've added XMLFragment, but not using your patch. Please could you download
> and cross-check, thanks.
>
> Something odd happened when I committed it:
>
> Checking in src/org/apache/cocoon/xml/XMLFragment.java;
> /home/cvs/xml-cocoon/src/org/apache/cocoon/xml/XMLFragment.java,v  <--
> XMLFragment.java
> new revision: 1.2; previous revision: 1.1
> done
> cvs diff: XMLFragment.java is a new entry, no comparison available
>
> I hope it's nothing to worry about.

As CVS says, "XMLFragment.java is a new entry". So diff fails ;-)

I cross-checked, and it's ok. The only (not important) point is the
message after @deprecated in XObject.java that has disappeared.

Thanks.
--
Sylvain Wallez