cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [C2] Ease of Use for cocoon.xconf (long)
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:38:34 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> I put code into Cocoon that allows us to use aliases for the component
> element.  It also allows us to identify default classes.  This processing
> is done in addition to the traditional format--and allows us to be
> creative in how we implement it.

I updated the cocoon.xconf file in CVS to reflect partially what the
best use is.  The entries that are empty, I would like to remove--but
then admins might not think that they can override them.  So I want a
second opinion:

<pool-contoller class="......"/>

could be omitted or put simply as

<pool-controller/>

which I think looks silly.

I am +1 to omit the entries altogether (the ComponentManager can still
find the information it needs to create the objects and won't affect
Cocoon operations at all).

I am open to comments.

To finish the cleanup, and make things work in a more maintainable
manner, I am going to make the DefaultComponentManager a Configurable
object, and implement the component parsing in the ComponentManager.

I will then do the same thing for CocoonComponentSelector so that
it can handle the component-instance parsing, and be easily extendable
to do more friendly configurations at that level.