cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Cocoon 1.8.1-dev?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:13:23 GMT

Robin Green a écrit :

> I'm very pleased to report that I finally solved the PDF problem which has
> been bugging so many people ever since IE5 came out (IIRC), by setting the
> content-length in the response. (Feel somewhat guilty for taking so long and
> being in denial about the problem at first, but anyway.) It's not optimal
> code but it'll do for now.

I couldn't find the changes for that in the latest cvs (a few minutes
ago). Do you mean that just setting content-length in the response is
*the* solution ? Is the hacky "&damnIE=.pdf" still needed ?

> Now that esql encoding is also done that's my critical list cleared.
>
> If anyone has any outstanding issues, please raise them now. I'm looking at
> a fast release, in a day or two from now.

I sent 2 weeks ago a patch for both C1 and C2 (post named
"[C1][C2][Patch] XMLFragment") to add the XMLFragment interface that
deprecates the SAX1-only XObject to ease migration from C1 to C2.

The patch was commited in C2, but not in C1. Could you please review it
for integration in 1.8.1 so that people can start using it ?

> It'll be good to finally get it out of the door - the changes list is huge!

Great !
--
Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies