cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: esql logicsheet broken?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 19:46:48 GMT
Donald Ball wrote:

> (resending this after manually resubscribing to cocoon-dev under my real
>
> email address. apologies if you get it twice)
>

> On Tue, 16 Jan 2001, Robin Green wrote:
>

>> Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:

>>> I sure hope not!  I will vote to DEMAND the rollback immediately.  I
>
>>> understand
>
>>> that the author wants to maintain one codebase.  I have no problem with
>
>>> that.
>
>>> I DO HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IGNORING HOW COCOON 2 DEFINES AND USES
>
>>> DATASOURCES!!!!
>
>>> Cocoon 2 DOES NOT USE TURBINE!!!!  It should NOT have code that uses
>
>>> turbine
>
>>> AT ALL.
>

>>> Donald Ball, PLEASE FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY.
>

>> It looks as though Donald accidentally didn't read your previous msgs on
>
>> this subject. I already know he is not getting commit messages. This is the
>
>> second time he just plain overwrote your changes, obliviously! Donald,
>
>> ensure you are subscribed to cocoon-cvs@xml.apache.org, and please try and
>
>> stay in touch with cocoon-dev goings-on or you are just going to really piss
>
>> people off. And Donald, I hope you got my other complaint message sent to
>
>> cocoon-dev and xsp-dev, about new xsp tag.
>

> I've got a couple of things to say:
>

> 1. it appears that when i first subscribed, back in the stone ages, the
>
> old mailing list software decided to force me to subscribe to cocoon-dev,
>
> and cocoon-cvs by extension, as balld@oldhostname.webslingerZ.com.
>
> recently, oldhostname went away, and i've apparantly been missing out on
>
> everything on cocoon-dev and cocoon-cvs since then. boo, hiss. i didn't
>
> really realize anything was wrong until my recent commits didn't result in
>
> cocoon-cvs emails - i just thought that everyone was taking a nice loooong
>
> winter vacation.

Yech.

> 2. i don't respond well to demands, and i don't respond well to shouting.
>
> most people don't. it might have been nice to send me a personal message
>
> saying donald, what is this, why are you ignoring me, instead of exploding
>
> in public. now you've put me on the defensive, and i don't appreciate
>
> that.

I hope you saw my appology before, if not I will repeat it.  I responded out
of frustration because of the rework that needs to be done.  We lost a ton
of logging points in esql that help debug problems, and we lost the
datasources code.  I appologize for not handling this in a professional
manner.  In the future I will be more sympathetic and cooperative in my
postings.