cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Mats Norén <mats.no...@spectral.se>
Subject Jini + Javaspaces....C2 Installation - no such method
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:13:33 GMT
Hi all,
A while a go I tried cocoon2 for the first time and I was so impressed
by it that we decided to use it as frontend for a Jini-based multiagent
system. We use JavaSpaces to obtain a loose coupling between the
different layers in our system and Cocoon. We use a transformer to
dynamically build Javaspace Entrys and make requests to the underlying
agents. Works like a charm.
Great work guys!! Keep it up.

Now to my question.
We decided to use windows2000 instead of NT4 and jakarta-3.2.1 instead
of jakarta 3.1b3 (i think)...
I took the latest source from CVS and build it.
I dropped the war-file in tomcats webappcatalog as I used to do...but
this time when I was expecting i nice Cocoon-screen, all I got was:

Error: 500

Location: /cocoon

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.log.LogKit: method
createLogger(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Lorg/apache/log/Logger;
not found
        at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(CocoonServlet.java:85)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java:317)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java:215)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java:296)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)

        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java,
Compiled Code)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java,
Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

I looked in the Avalonapi.jar and the classes are there at least...so my
question is:
What am I doing wrong?

/Regards Mats