cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: C2 - missing class?
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2001 04:25:38 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> > I don't have access to a computer where I can commit the change, but try
> > removing the
> > entry for the J2EE connection.  I did notice that the CVS version of
> > cocoon.xconf has
> > <component name="...."> instead of <component role="....">.  That may
> > contribute to
> > the problem.
>
> Ok... found it!
> Removed the "j2eePersonnel" from cocoon.xconf and now it works.
>
>  <component-instance name="j2eePersonnel"
> class="org.apache.cocoon.components.datasource.J2eeDataSource">
>    <dbname>cocoonPersonnel</dbname>
>  </component-instance>
>
> I looked into the cocoon.jar and found out that the "J2eeDataSource.class"
> is missing in my cocoon.jar. Looked into the build dir and it is
> copied but not compiled!
>
> Do I need to add something like "build with J2ee"?

No.  You need to have BOTH the JNDI package, AND the JDBC Extensions
package to compile it.  In many J2EE App Servers, there is one jar
that has all the needed interfaces.  In IBM WebSphere's case, it is
called ujc.jar (I have no idea hy it is named that way).  Really,
the J2eeDataSource is useless outside the context of a J2EE Server.

Ant looks for javax.naming.context and javax.sql.DataSource before
it will compile the J2EE DataSource class.

I will remove the offending entry because none of the samples use
it, and it causes problems if you try to access it and it is not
there.