cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Out of memory errors
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 18:05:28 GMT
Matthew Langham wrote:

> Hi,
>

> We are having problems with the JVM dying with an "Out of memory error"
>
> after Cocoon 2 installations have been running for a few days. This happens
>
> on different servers even after "upping" the JVM memory to 256MB using "-Xmx
>
> 256". The servers are running the Cocoon C2 version from around the
>
> beginning of November 2000.
>

> Has anything(s) been changed since then that may be the source for these
>
> errors (i.e we should use a more current CVS version)? Is anyone else
>
> running into these problems with the current CVS version?
>

> Thanks for any pointers.

There is too much to list as to what the potential problem may have been.
Avalon is newer, we are using Batik instead of SVG-toolkit, FOP is a couple
versions newer, Xalan 2 is more mature, We have component pooling implemented,
we have optimized a number of different things.

By all means, Cocoon 2 is sufficiently more mature that you will find it to
be more suitable.  I haven't tried running Cocoon 2 for a couple of days, but
I also haven't noticed any significant memory leaks either.