cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: new c2 esql logicsheet checked in
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 16:22:57 GMT
Allan Erskine wrote:

>> The Driver parameter is not needed in C2--the load-class init parameter
>

> loads
>

>> the needed classes for drivers, protocol handlers, etc.
>

> While you're in there, I noticed that in my version of cocoon (checked out
>
> jan 8), my jdbc driver class was not being loaded for pages using
>
> esql:use-connection

The JDBC driver should be installed in the WEB-INF/web.xml file:

the Init Parameter "load-class" loads all the drivers you need.  The class names
for the IBM WebSphere workaround, the Oracle JDBC driver, and the PostgreSQL
JDBC Driver are all in there.  Just add yours to the list.

> The form examples you checked in would only start working after a page with
>
> the old esql:driver/username/password setup was loaded first...i checked it
>
> all through with jdb, but i haven't really found my feet enough yet to be
>
> thinking patches...(soon though i hope!)

I will have to document the process.

The new esql logicsheet got updated by the original author (?), but was basically
the same for both C2 and C1.  The C2 version needed to be updated so that the
proper connection pooling was done.  I am waiting to be able to log in to be
able to actually check in the changes to make the <esql:pool> work (the new
name for use-connection).