cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: generator based including
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2001 14:31:39 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

> <util:include-xsp uri="file:///something/included.xml"/>
>
> Works quite well - as soon as the class representation
>
> of "included.xml" is generated.
>
> Can anyone think of a way to generate it automatically?
>
> Also changes in "included.xml" need to be recognized.

Is this for Cocoon 2?

> While playing around with the util:taglib and and the
>
> idea of a generator based include mechanism I must
>
> admit that (up to now) it feels a bit kludgy.

Keep in mind that when I ported the util taglib to Cocoon2
the only thing I really checked was the import function.
There is probably still a fair amount of dead weight in there.

> Maybe extending the xinclude transformer is the way
>
> to go... Hm, don't know.

What is the problem you are trying to solve?  Hopefully
we can come up with the elegant solution...
I know I want to try to incorporate the results of multiple
logicsheets--and am struggling with an elegant and maintainable
solution myself.