cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [C2] Xalan 2 and LogicSheets
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 15:25:00 GMT
I remember in a discussion a while back that Xalan 2 has a facility to
compile an XSL stylesheet into a class.  Is that currently true or
is that still being developed?  The reason I ask is that it would be
perfect to incorporate into the build process for sitemap.xsl and
the builtin xsp logicsheets.  The issue is that some Servlet Containers
while they boast Servlet 2.2 compliance have broken classloaders that
won't allow access to resources (IBM WebSphere for one).

With a precompiled class, we can avoid this limitation and install
the servlet correctly without having to maintain a complex classpath.