cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: AW: Status of XMLCompiler
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 13:38:07 GMT

Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> My question about the "Status of XMLCompiler" had not the intention of
> raising the "what and where to cache" discussion again, so sorry for
> my hint of using the XMLCompiler for caching...
>
> I was (only) interested if there is any place on the web where the
> XMLCompiler is maintained.

IIRC, someone talked about using XMLCompiler in Infozone/Prowler, but I
don't know if it has been done.

> If not, why not integrate it into an apache project, Cocoon or even
> Avalon?

I agree : XMLCompiler could be of great use in Cocoon, and fits
naturally in the org.apache.cocoon.xml package ("compiler" subpackage
?). But it's scope is wider that Cocoon and it could be placed (as some
other classes of the above package) in a general XML library, either in
Avalon, Xerces or in a separate package (org.apache.xml ?) just like the
"org.apache.log" package which is currently in Avalon.