cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Joerg Henne <jo...@cogito.de>
Subject Re: [C1 (and C2?)] global variables in XSP page
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 20:51:21 GMT
Hi,

Robin Green wrote:

> Conny Krappatsch <conny@smb-tec.com> wrote:
[...]
> >Now I recognized that this may cause problems if the same page is called
> >more than ones at on time. As prowlerResultTable becomes a global member
> >and the same object is used for each page request, it may happen that a
> >request changes the result of an operation before the previous request
> >could evaluate it - the classis synchronization problem.

just as a quick assertion because I'm not too familiar with C1: C1 differs
from C2 here because it uses the same instance of each XSP generator class for
each request, right?

> >There was a (C2) discussion about having a special tag for placing code at
> >the beginning of populateDocument().
>
> That's a special case for redirects.

I think this is not only useful for redirects but for other purposes as well.

> >Has there been any consensus on this?
>
> No-one objected, IIRC.

The only objections concerned the proposed name of the tag, not the concept
itself.

Joerg Henne