cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [C2] force-load and DataSources
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 14:50:06 GMT

Paul Russell a écrit :

> * Berin Loritsch (bloritsch@apache.org) wrote :
> > force-load
> > driver
> > install-class
>
> Even 'load-class' might work, and might be easier to understand for non
> java people. Does this (or 'install-class') achieve anything over
> 'force-load' though? I'm still +1 to having both 'driver' and
> 'force-load/install-class/load-class', unless you think install/load
> class makes it clear enough in terms of jdbc drivers.
>
> Paul.

+1 for "load-class", because this is exactly what the configuration
does.

-1 for "install-class" because for an admin guy, "installing" often
means configuring the installed thing, which isn't the case here.

-1 for aliasing. "force-load" is recent, so just remove it instead of
keeping compatibility between development iterations.

BTW, be careful folks when replying to Paul's messages : the "Reply-to"
header points to Paul's address instead of the list !
--
Sylvain Wallez
Anyware Technologies