cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [C2] DataSources Proposal
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 06:55:22 GMT
Paul Russell wrote:

> > Having this as a Component in the cocoon.xconf file is exactly what I'd
> > like. I was thinking about how to implement a JDBC connection pool and
> > looked into C1. But the Turbine pool isn't what I'd like to have in C2
> > because it's not a Avalon Component and I think it doesn't fit into the
> > C2 architecture.
>
> Agreed. I started to do some work on it a while back when I (briefly)
> started porting the esql tablib to C2. The Turbine stuff is good, but I
> think we need something a little more general these days. Can't help
> feeling there should be a central repository of interesting Avalon
> components (note: not blocks, although I think that will come too).
>
> Berin: I'm (relatively) free this weekend (read: only one project to
> work on!) -- is there anything I can do to help?

The simple classes and demonstration of how to incorporate it is in
Cocoon CVS now.  It definitely needs some more robustness.  Hopefully
I've given you something to start with.  I just love how we can add
Components and Selectors via the configuration file.  I implemented
the DataSource as a Selector because I envision the ability to use
more than one DataSource with Cocoon.

My weekends are usually pretty full.  I go to work during the week
to get a break (since I can work on some of this stuff during business
hours).  If you can do anything with this over the weekend, I appreciate
the help; otherwise, I will continue working on it Monday.