cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@infoplanning.com>
Subject Re: [C2] DataSources Proposal
Date Sat, 06 Jan 2001 06:28:39 GMT

DB Prism (http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/).
> But its a good idea re-use this component with other resources like esql.
> How about to defined component for ConnectionPooling and JTA transaction API supported
by JDBC 2.0 drivers?
> Best regards, Marcelo.

The issue here is that the JDBC 2.0 drivers that are meant for J2EE
App Servers use the JDBC extensions (javax.sql.*).  This is not included
in the normal JDK.  Most real JDBC 2.0 drivers implement Pooling behind
the scenes.

The plan is get something working for regular JDBC Core functionality,
then incorporate J2EE/JDBC extension functionality.