cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [C2]Sitemap generation memory usage [was : The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available]
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2001 09:46:15 GMT
Hi,

First, a happy new year to all of you.

I encountered this same problem just before going on holidays, and I
observed that the same C2 and Tomcat (3.2.1) configuration fails with a
standard JDK1.2.2 (_sitemap_xmap.java isn't generated) but runs well
with hotspot 2.0.

I observed the memory consuption of the JVM and came to the following
conclusion : the sitemap code generator eats up a lot of memory (up to
72 megs on my win2K PC). Standard JDK 1.2.2 (no hotspot) limits memory
usage to 64 megs and so this leads to an out of memory (in Xalan ?),
while the Hotspot doesn't have this limitation.

To confirm this, I added a "-Xmx128m" to the startup command of Tomcat
(allow up to 128 megs of memory) with the standard JDK and C2 runs just
fine.

I didn't look at sitemap.xsl, but maybe that's where we should search :
are there some recursive templates in it that could cause this high
memory usage ?

Hope this helps.

Klaus Drechsler wrote :

> Hi,
>
> I did the following:
>
> 1. Installed Tomcat4-m5
> 2. replaced crimson an jax with xerces
> 3. build cocoon.war
> 4. copied cocoon.war to webapps
>
> http://localhost:8080 works fine!
>
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon gives me the following error message
> (output in the browser window + log entries):
>
> What should I do to get Cocoon2 to work?
>
> type internal-server-error
> message The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
> description org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: The sitemap handler's
> sitemap is not available.

<snip/>
--
Sylvain Wallez