cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Conny Krappatsch <co...@smb-tec.com>
Subject [C2] The whole picture
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2001 14:01:31 GMT
Hi,

could somebody of the C2 decision makers/developers draw the whole picture
of Cocoon 2, I mean what will be the main task of Cocoon 2, what will be
the limits and how will/could it work together with other technologies
(where will be room for other technologies)?

The reason why I ask at that time is the ongoin content aggregation
discussion. I'm not very familar with Jetspeed but wasn't it meant to do
content aggregation? And if Cocoon has it's own aggregation mechanism,
what could Jetspeed be used for (in conjunction with Cocoon)?

But my question is much more general, than "What will we do with
Jetspeed". It's very difficult for me to see, how far the functionalities
of Cocoon will be extended (any german speakers that know the english
equivalent to "eierlegende Wollmilchsau").

Don't get me wrong, I think Cocoon 2 is a great piece of technology. Just
want to know where it goes.

Best regards,
Conny Krappatsch

Conny Krappatsch                              mailto:conny@smb-tec.com