cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ovidiu Predescu <ovi...@cup.hp.com>
Subject Re: [C1] and xalan2
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:55:49 GMT
Hi Steffen,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:25:10 +0100, Steffen Stundzig <steffen@smb-tec.com>
wrote:

> the attachment contains the TRaXTransformer and some patches needed to
> replace xalan1 with xalan2 in the current cocoon_1.8.1-cvs.
> The transform process is now 2-3 times faster as with the old
> XalanTransformer and xalan1.
>
> A very good side effect of the compiled stylesheets are the
> detection of errors in the XSL stylesheets. So now we have a chance to
> get some metrics from it and we could optimize the stylesheets.

This looks very good, thanks a lot for the good work!

I have a comment though. In TRaXTransformer.java the getTransformer() method
caches the XSLT sheet and never checks to see whether it has been updated since
the last use. You should have a check of the timestamp of the file, or even
better, since the XSLT file can be a remote resource, use the Java URL's
methods to check for modifications.

How about Saxon support, does it work with the changes you've submitted?

Regards,
--
Ovidiu Predescu <ovidiu@cup.hp.com>