cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: problems with setup of C2
Date Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:20:27 GMT
* Peter Michalek (peterm@mygazoo.com) wrote :
> Paul,
> thanks I did.
> Now I am getting this error:
> Attached is my web.xml and cocoon.xconf from the tomcat directory.
> The sitemap handler's sitemap is not available.
> This is the relevant log:
> 2001-01-18 06:06:40 ERROR   1843    [cocoon  ] (Thread-2): Error compiling
> sitemap
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.expandDi
> rs(JavaLanguage.java:265)
> 	at
> org.apache.cocoon.components.language.programming.java.JavaLanguage.compile(
> JavaLanguage.java:164)
>   [...]

Okay, that's probably part configuration/installation-fu, and part bug.
I've added trapping which provides a more useful error message.
Basically what's happening is that at some point in the compilation
phase, JavaLanguage is attempting to list the contents of a
non-directory. Understandably this doesn't have the desired effect.
Update, build, install and let me know what you find.

Paul

PS - make sure you reply to the list, rather than me next time :)