cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: [OT] Does anyone else find this deeply worrying?
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:01:31 GMT
* Andy Lewis (andy.lewis@veritas.com) wrote :
> The only thing that worries me about this is that there are people out
> there that blind to reality purposting to be knowledgable professionals.

Indeed. That's what concerns me -- I've seen a lot of companies fall
into the trap of using propriatory technology because it sounds good.
Microsoft are the only company I'm aware of that can market a product
successfully by saying "buy this, because the version we sold you last
time keeps crashing". I think IBM's (I think it was them) comment about
.net -- "Welcome to the 1980's, guys" was absolutely inspired. It
doesn't stop me being concerned when companies & organisations openly
flout the good work of others. I'm probably over reacting, to be honest,
but it really gets my goat [baaa] :)

Paul