cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: AW: Status of XMLCompiler - Please vote...
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 14:51:56 GMT
* Sylvain Wallez (sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com) wrote :
> BTW, if Ozone and DBPrism use XMLC, it could be better as part of Xerces
> than Cocoon, even if it has no direct dependencies on Xerces.

I reeeeally *really* don't like this. If it's not part of Xerces, it
shouldn't be there, and if it's not part of cocoon, it shouldn't be
there (at least not directly). Should it be a separate project in its
own right? Perhaps there should be a project to develop a suite of these
XML 'transcoders' (someone think of a better name for me? English never
was my strong point. yes, I'm english ;)

Paul.