cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sergio Carvalho <>
Subject Caching system idea (was: status on c2?)
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 11:56:48 GMT

Why isn't caching implemented as just one another element in the pipeline? Much like HTTP
proxies get in the request path implmenting caching.

It would allow different caching systems to be used throughout the page generation process,
and would allow developers to see clearly where is output caching is being used.

If I'm babbling, please ignore me :-) I'm using Cocoon 1 heavily, but although I've read the
sparse docs on C2, I've had no time yet to test drive C2 and browse the code.

Sergio Carvalho

On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:05:31 +0100
Giacomo Pati <> wrote:

> Try it NOW :) with the caching system. If you are a long time lurker on this
> list you should have been aware of all the issues that are brought up
> concerning caching.
> Send patches made to existing classes with "cvs diff -u" and the new sources
> as tar/zip.

View raw message