cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject [C2] Heads up to JRun users
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:40:00 GMT
Hi all,

I've been using Cocoon2 with JRun for aaaaaaaaaaaages, and until today
had used the age old trick of removing parser.jar and jaxp.jar from the
classpath of JRun. Don't Do It. I've just discovered it seems to do
something not-all-that-friendly to JRun's EJB support. Instead, edit
your lib/global.properties file and set your java.userargs property as
follows:

user.javaargs=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

(all one line). This will force anything jaxp compliant to use Xerces
(including Cocoon), while allowing things which are too old to know
about it to function with crimson.

Hope that helps someone :)

Paul