cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Ibach <bib...@infomansol.com>
Subject Re: esql logicsheet broken?
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 23:22:15 GMT
Quoting Paul Russell <paul@luminas.co.uk>:
> EZMLM takes the address contained within the Sender header, I believe.

   Ah... yes, now that I think about it, I believe you're right, it is
Sender, rather than Return-Path.

> The trouble here, is that while the Sender address *should* be a
> routable mail address, and under its traditional meaning (and
> implemenation) it would be, sadly it gets broken on a regular basis...

   Which seems strange, as I use Mutt on a QMail system, both of which
are pretty good about doing that sort of thing right, or so I
believed. :P

> You can force the subscription address by sending the subscribe
> request to:
>
> cocoon-dev-subscribe-bibach=infomansol.com@xml.apache.org

   Indeed, I did that, but then I couldn't post without moderator
approval, as the address in my Sender header did not appear on the
subscriber list, thus the practical side of the problem. :(

-Brandon :)