cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Brandon Ibach <bib...@infomansol.com>
Subject Re: About the xml.apache.org site = slow netscape
Date Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:33:10 GMT
Quoting Philippe Lavoie <philippe.lavoie@cactus.ca>:
> I know it would mean work, but would it be possible to revise how the site
> is generated so that it limits the number of tables to 3 ?  Not really
> expecting an answer, but if someone would like to use <DIV> and other stuff
> like that to create the proper look and feel it would be nice and make
> browsing xml.apache.org/cocoon that much more enjoyable.

   I've found that, with a little work, almost anything that can be
done by nesting tables can also be done with row and column spanning,
which Netscape seems to handle a little better.
   I, too, cringed a bit when I saw the 5 (or so) layers of nested
tables in the java.apache.org example stylesheet in Cocoon. :P  It
looks great, but does quite a number on my browser. :)

-Brandon :)