cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <d...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [C2] SVG System -- Major issue!
Date Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:11:30 GMT
Berin,

Can you check if setting "http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-dtd" feature to
false
helps? (In XercesParser.java as shown below)

    this.parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/validation",false);
    this.parser.setFeature("http://apache.org/xml/features/nonvalidating/load-dtd",false);
    this.parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespaces",true);
    this.parser.setFeature("http://xml.org/sax/features/namespace-prefixes",
                          true);

Reference:
See http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/features.html

Thanks,
dims

--- Berin Loritsch <bloritsch@apache.org> wrote:
> One addendum to this problem.  Once a DTD can't be found, the exception is generated
EVERY time.

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> > This is a major issue with Xerces/Xalan that manifested itself when our
> > network went down (happens WAY too often).
> > In a server environment, we cannot afford to open a connection to
> > www.w3.org just to verify that the schema
> > we are using is correct.  We need an option to turn this off, and act
> > like the XML is validated--without worrying
> > about defaults, etc.  This may be something that needs to move up to the
> > Xerces or Xalan mailing lists.  If someone
> > has an account, please forward it.
> >
> > This extra lookup will rob Cocoon of some performance that it otherwise
> > could have.  Also, Xerces should NOT fail
> > horrendously if it can't find the DTD.  If it's not there, its not
> > there--treat it like it's well formed.
> >
> > The option would have to allow us to ignore DOCTYPE tags!
> >
> > java.net.UnknownHostException: www.w3.org
> >     at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:571)
> >     at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:540)
> >     at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:449)
> >     at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:100)
> >     at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:50)
> >     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:331)
> >     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:517)
> >     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:267)
> >     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:277)
> >     at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:289)
> >     at
> > sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:379)

> >     at
> > sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:472)

> >     at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:798)
> >     at
> > org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultReaderFactory.createReader(DefaultReaderFactory.java:149)

> >     at

org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExternalEntity(DefaultEntityHandler.java:767)

> >     at

org.apache.xerces.readers.DefaultEntityHandler.startReadingFromExternalSubset(DefaultEntityHandler.java:566)

> >     at
> > org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDTDScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDTDScanner.java:1139)

> >     at
> > org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanDoctypeDecl(XMLDocumentScanner.java:2192)

> >     at
> > org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.access$000(XMLDocumentScanner.java:86)

> >     at

org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$PrologDispatcher.dispatch(XMLDocumentScanner.java:883)

> >     at
> > org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(XMLDocumentScanner.java:381)

> >     at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:948)
> >     at
> > org.apache.cocoon.components.parser.XercesParser.parse(XercesParser.java:51)
> >
> >     at
> > org.apache.cocoon.generation.FileGenerator.generate(FileGenerator.java:38)
> >     at
> > org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.ResourcePipeline.process(ResourcePipeline.java:201)
> >
> >     at
> > _C_._jakarta_tomcat_3_2_1._webapps._ROOT._sitemap_xmap.process(_sitemap_xmap.java:1606)

> >     at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Handler.process(Handler.java:142)
> >     at org.apache.cocoon.sitemap.Manager.invoke(Manager.java:89)
> >     at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Cocoon.java:248)
> >     at
> > org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(CocoonServlet.java:344)
> >     at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:404)
> >     at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372)
> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java:797)
> >
> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743)
> >     at

org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)

> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:416)
> >     at
> > org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:498)
> >     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

=====
Davanum Srinivas, JNI-FAQ Manager
http://www.jGuru.com/faq/JNI