cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <p...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Status of XMLCompiler
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2001 14:23:06 GMT
* Davanum Srinivas (dims@yahoo.com) wrote :
> Questions:
> 1. Shouldn't we be Caching the output of the Serializer and not the
> intermediate SAX events themselves? (For example the SVG Serializer
> takes more time to process the request than the Generator's or
> Transformers in the Chain)

There was some discussion of this some time ago, and the new result (if
I remember rightly) was that we should cache both the serialized stream
and *some* (but not all) of the intermediate sax pathways.

> 2. Should we place the burden of deciding (whether the result of a
> request should come from the Cache or generated again from scratch) on
> the Generator? (This was the case with C1 right?)

I think it was decided that it was a little more complicated than this,
due to pipelines joining through aggregation etc.

Paul.