cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Russell <>
Subject Re: Status of XMLCompiler
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:38:11 GMT
* Carsten Ziegeler ( wrote :
> a long time ago, Stefano posted an XMLCompiler to this list.
> Does someone of you know, what the current status of it is?

I'm not sure, I must admit.

> Wouldn't it be good to integrate the XMLCompiler/XMLInterpreter
> into C2? (Perhaps for caching?)

The trouble is that the system was optimised for the reading phase of
the optimisation, which may not be what we want if the sax streams are
being cached on the fly. One option might be to have pluggable
encoder/decoders to enable us to store SAX events in conventional avalon
stream stores. That way, when it's something which is going to be viewed
very often, we could use Stefano's XMLCompiler and XMLInterpreter which
should give us maximal performance when retrieving from the cache, and
when the thing is more balanced, we could use something else? Does that
work for you guys, or do you have other thoughts of how to cache SAX

Paul Russell                                 Email:
This is not an official statement or order.    Web:

View raw message