cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcelo F. Ochoa" <moc...@ieee.org>
Subject RE: Status of XMLCompiler
Date Wed, 10 Jan 2001 10:50:26 GMT

My question about the "Status of XMLCompiler" had not the intention of
raising the "what and where to cache" discussion again, so sorry for
my hint of using the XMLCompiler for caching...

I was (only) interested if there is any place on the web where the
XMLCompiler is maintained.
If not, why not integrate it into an apache project, Cocoon or even
Avalon?
When the XMLCompiler is available in any project, we can use it everywhere it fits.
[MO]  I have a plan to add XMLCompiler in the next release of DB Prism (http://www.plenix.com/dbprism/),
to reduce the overhead of parsing XML document in the DB side and reparses it the midle tier
by cocoon.
Another benefits of it is that the size of XML document is lower than the text form of the
XML document, then the round trip of sending the XML result from DB to the cocoon pipeline
will be reduce.

Carsten

[MO]  Best regards, Marcelo.