cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Caching system idea (was: status on c2?)
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2001 16:12:14 GMT
Sergio Carvalho wrote:
> Why isn't caching implemented as just one another element in the pipeline?
> Much like HTTP proxies get in the request path implmenting caching.

You better use a proxy for this between your C2 and the clients (BTW I've
tested this and it really rocks that way).

Caching is much mor that "another element in the pipeline". It might be one
component between every pipeline "element" to get at all cachable stages in
the production of a resource. Interfaces on the components should state if
the output of that component is cachable and an algorithm which determines
the point in a pipeline where caching should start or cached data should
replayed into the pipeline must be found.

Giacomo