cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin Britton" <cbrit...@centervilletech.com>
Subject RE: Proposal: Logicsheet location
Date Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:01:43 GMT
Would this also be the right place to move any action code as well rather
than in the main jar?

It would make it easier for people to build cocoon with only the features
they need if we split out any example code that is not a core requirement.

rgds
CB

-----Original Message-----
From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 10:59 AM
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Proposal: Logicsheet location

I propose that we separate the XSP logicsheets into
a separate jar file that is loaded explicitly by the
Cocoon classloader (or have the Cocoon classloader
load itself).  That way we can protect ourselves from
broken classloaders like the one in IBM WebSphere
that don't allow you to do a classloader.getResource()
method call and get anything back.

This is a serious issue, and I think we need to protect
ourselves from other vendor's oversight.  It will only
increase our portability to almost any vendor's servlet
engine.