cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Berin Loritsch" <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: C2 - missing class?
Date Sun, 14 Jan 2001 13:51:15 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: Paul Russell <paul@luminas.co.uk>
To: <cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 14, 2001 6:31 AM
Subject: Re: C2 - missing class?

org.apache.cocoon.components.datasource.DataSourceComponentSelector could
> > > I didn't had any problem. I've checked out and in multiple time today
> > > and my "cvs diff" isn't showing me that mentioned class is absent.
> > That should be the role name--not the class name.  I am doing a cvs
checkout
> > from home, and will verify if it is set correctly.  Basically you should
have:
> > <component
role="org.apache.cocoon.components.datasource.DataSourceComponentSelector"
> >            class="org.apache.cocoon.CocoonComponentSelector">
> > </component>
>
> Yeah, you're right, sorry. This begs the question why is Torsten's
> installation looking for the class. Torsten: do you get a stack trace?

I don't have access to a computer where I can commit the change, but try
removing the
entry for the J2EE connection.  I did notice that the CVS version of
cocoon.xconf has
<component name="...."> instead of <component role="....">.  That may
contribute to
the problem.

I will write in a separate message something I have been thinking about for
some time
now.  This is regarding hiding the complexity of the role names from the
user.