cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XObject
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 16:00:06 GMT
At 09:10 -0500 04/12/00, Berin Loritsch wrote:

>> OK, but there are probably more core developers than logicsheet writers :)
>
>Safe bet for now.
>
>> So, if someone uses org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject, in Cocoon 1 it
>> will still work. If they use it with Cocoon 2 they will get
>> compilation/depreciation errors on their XSP, is that not clear enough?
>
>Question:
>
>If we automatically import the XObject in both versions of Cocoon, then the
>logicsheet writers would have no reason to use the fully qualified class
>name.  Why not take that approach, so the package that houses XObject
>shouldn't
>matter to the Cocoon logicsheet developer?  They simply can't use the
>precompiled
>XSP from one version in another.  If the API is the same, and the object is
>already included--we don't need to have this discussion again when we move
>from Cocoon 2 to Cocoon 3.

Maybe I misunderstand what you are saying, but generally IMHO classes that
are implementing XObject (or XSPObject) are going to be custom classes
written by the TagLib developer, not classes auto-generated by XSL
transformation.

I do not understand how you would automatically import the interface .....

>XSPObject would be my vote :).

Cool.

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design