cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: XObject
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 11:13:33 GMT
At 10:47 +0000 04/12/00, Paul Russell wrote:
>On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 10:24:57AM +0000, Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>> We still need to decide where in the package heirarchy of C1 and C2 the new
>> XObject is going to go.
>>
>> How about
>>
>> 	org.apache.cocoon.xml.XObject
>>
>> Suggestions anyone?
>
>Works for me, although there was talk of calling it XObject2
>or something to remove any chance of people being confused...

For Cocoon 1, let's just bung some code into XSPPage.java where it checks
to see if it has an XObject .....

Currently it has this .....

    // Convertible to DOM
    if (v instanceof XObject){
      DocumentFragment fragment = factory.createDocumentFragment();
      ((XObject) v).toDOM(fragment);
      return fragment;
    }

It could become something like .....

    // Convertible to DOM
    if (v instanceof org.apache.cocoon.xml.XObject){
      DocumentFragment fragment = factory.createDocumentFragment();
      ((org.apache.cocoon.xml.XObject) v).toDOM(fragment);
      return fragment;
    }

    if (v instanceof org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject){

			// issue depreciation warning, then output it anyway

      DocumentFragment fragment = factory.createDocumentFragment();
      ((org.apache.cocoon.framework.XObject) v).toDOM(fragment);
      return fragment;
    }

Does this help?

regards Jeremy