cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject RE: XObject
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 18:21:25 GMT
At 19:14 +0100 04/12/00, Torsten Curdt wrote:
>>   /**
>>    * Returns a String representing the object's state
>>    * Used when the output of one TagLib is sent to the input of another,
>> 	 * that does not handle XSPObject, or for setting Attributes, etc.
>>    */
>>   public String toString();
>> }
>
>+1 for the XSPObject
>
>I think the toString() is usefull - but should it really be in
>the interface for XSPObject?? Should toString() really be required?
>Sorry for the (maybe) stupid question - but when would the output
>be sent to the input of another taglib this way??
>--
>Torsten

I remembered I needed to put a toString() method in my classes that
implemented XObject, I think it was to do with setting Attributes and
stuff. When you are using your tag to output to another tag that does not
handle XObject. EEK! I can't remember why ....

regards Jeremy

                                                       webSpace Design
                                            HyperMedia Research Centre