cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marcus Crafter <craft...@osa.de>
Subject Re: [C2/Patch] Selector Heaven :-)
Date Sun, 03 Dec 2000 16:25:38 GMT
Hi Sylvain,

	Thanks for your reply!

> > Yes I have :) Does it make sense to combine all Selectors above into
> > one and use a syntax like
> >
> >   <map:when test="parameter.myparm eq "foo" and session.myvar gt 3"/>
>
> So why not allow these expressions to be raw Java boolean expression
> which the CodeFactory can include as is in the sitemap generated code,
> thus avoiding interpretation overhead ?

	Great idea. I've implemented it and attached it to this email under
	the name of CodedSelectorFactory. :-)

	Cheers,

	Marcus

	PS: The attached sitemap.diff will also need to be applied to the
	current CVS sitemap.xsl file. It removes the inclusion of the 'test'
	clauses in the generation of the class level variable names
	(generate-node(.) creates unique id's for us anyway, and it saves us
	the bother of having to translate all operators/whitespace into
	underscores).

     ,,$$$$$$$$$,      Marcus Crafter
     ;$,    _/\ &&:'   60327 Frankfurt Germany
            _&&&&'     Email : Marcus.Crafter@osa.de
          &&&&.        Business Hours : +49 69 9757 200
    &&&&&&&:           After Hours    : +49 69 4908 6750