cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From EEAltend...@thoughtworks.COM
Subject [C2] Sitemap scope
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 01:28:05 GMT
Hi all,

I just read xdocs/sitemap.xml and was surprised to see nothing about
navigation between pages.  Have I misunderstood the scope or purpose of the
sitemap?

I was under the impression that a "sitemap" is more than a collection of
vertical descriptions of pages (e.g., Cocoon pipelines); it is a
centralized representation of the links defined in a distributed fashion
throughout the pages of the site (or web app).  In other words, it defines
the possible navigations from some pages to others, or, in other words, it
is a definition of the state machine that represents and controls a user's
position in the site.

Is any such functionality planned for the sitemap?  This is a complicated
problem, and something with which I was hoping Cocoon2 was going to help
me. :-)

Thanks
Eric