cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@sundn.de>
Subject AW: [RT] Cocoon in cacheland
Date Fri, 01 Dec 2000 07:31:33 GMT
Here are my additional rt's:

Following the discussion about caching in C2 I am still thinking of a solution for Actions
and Selectors.
In my understanding, also the response might be cached, the actions should nevertheless be
invoked. So this would make the caching a little bit more complicated.

Regarding Selectors I can't see a good way to cache such responses. The selectors can test
nearly anything, so simply asking a selector if he has changed might be not sufficient as
the selector might take some results of a previous stage in the pipeline for testing.
Even worse for the same request have to be several responses cached and the caching algorithm
must decide which "version" of to choose.

So, a solution might be:
1. Also the cached response is used, some components in the pipeline are nevertheless invoked
(Actions). (I know that this might be very difficult to handle)
2. There might be some components (Selectors) which might make caching impossible. This could
be solved that these components always say YES to has changed.

What do you think about this?

Carsten