cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Vadim Gritsenko" <vgritse...@hns.com>
Subject RE: [RT] redirection vs. aliases
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2000 15:49:40 GMT
How about <map:forward-to internal="..."/>?

The difference between HTTP redirect and internal forwarding is that in case
of
redirecting client gets HTTP redirect code (300+), and in case of forwarding
existing HttpServletRequest object is used as input to forwarded page - so,
pages can store some state information in request object.

AFAIK, forwarding is implemented in servlets API:
    request.getRequestDispatcher("some/page").forward(request, response);
This code should invoke CocoonServlet (if "some/page" registered with it)
once again.
Does anybody have an idea does this piece of code work with Cocoon or not?

Thanks,
Vadim