cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Robert Hines" <bubbahi...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Technical Writer
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:10:48 GMT
Cool,
   I'm actually in the middle of a job search, but I intend to get a fresh
copy of C2 installed soonest, and get to work. I think that will be most
worthwile, since C1 will soon be antiquated.
   Knowing the way Open Source projects typically run, there is always some
individual(s) who do(es) the majority of the "coordinating" if not outright
task assignments, etc. That's why I asked about the Lead Tech Writer, Tech
Writing needs to be coordinated to some degree in order to get the best
benifit. But, as to volunteering myself, I think I should get involved with
a few small documents, and then see how things work out from there. However,
don't count me out, I might just decide to do it in a month or so.
   In the mean time, if you have something you need documented, and don't
want to do it yourself, throw it over the fence to me and I'll get it done,
untill I get too overwhelmed. ;-)

Rob (a.k.a. - Bubba)

----Original Message Follows----
From: Giacomo Pati <giacomo@apache.org>
To: cocoon-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Technical Writer
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 21:18:39 +0100

"Robert S. Hines" wrote:

 > Heya,
 >      I have been ghosting this mailing list on and off for about four
 > months. I would like to contribute, and I believe I can add the most
value
 > as a Tech Writer for now. However, I'm not quite sure where or how to add
 > the most value.

Thank for the offering. Do you have any preferred version of Cocoon? 1 or 2?
Especially the Cocoon 2 is really lack good documentation!

 >      Is there a currently a Documentation Lead that is organizing the
 > effort, it seems relatively ad hoc at the moment. I would greatly
appreciate
 > some direction in the near term, and I have no problem taking on more
 > responsibility and moving forward once placed on the path.

Oh, I've never tought about Documentation Lead in a Open Source project :)
good
point. Would you like taking care of it? :

 >      I have attached my resume in order to provide some immediate
 > credentials, and to give you some idea of where my skills lie. I look
 > forward to hearing from "someone" in the near term, as I would dearly
love
 > to contribute to this project.

Sorry, I'm using Linux and can't look at you Word doc :) but anyway there is
no
need for credentials. If you can contribute that's far enough credential :)

Thanks

Giacomo